Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2020

When early in the morning a light illuminated the kitchen

 

     

God is our confidence and strength, a help in the great needs that have hit us. Therefore we are not afraid. (Psalm 46:2-3)

In his book "The Power of Positive Thinking" (less esoteric than the title might suggest) Norman V. Peale wrote in the chapter on faith healings: 
For a long time I have received reports from my readers, radio listeners and parishioners of healings brought about by faith. I have examined all these examples meticulously to make sure of their truth.  

I find this investigative approach quite praiseworthy, for it is exactly this that has long been neglected, especially by free churches. Are there healings of faith not sufficiently researched and documented.
    Peale wrote further: In all cases I examined, I let a sufficiently long time pass that it was not only a temporary improvement but a permanent healing.
       As an example, here is an experience that was shared with me by a woman whose love of truth and reliability is beyond doubt. The case is also scientifically documented. The woman suffered from a malignant tumor, the immediate surgical removal of which was ordered by the doctors.


In short, the woman was very afraid of the operation and did not believe in a successful outcome. She was convinced that she would have to die anyway. In her distress she sought God's help alone and united with other brothers and sisters in prayer. And experienced comfort and strengthening in her need. But even more:

One morning, ..., I noticed how the kitchen was suddenly flooded with a bright light, and at my side I felt a pressure, as if a person was standing very close to me. I understood that the healing hand of God had been laid upon me. The symptoms of her illness disappeared. The next morning the progress was so clear that I called my girlfriend on the phone and told her that I was convinced I was healed.
And then I was closed. When she wrote this in a letter to Peale fifteen years later, she was still in perfect health.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

When early in the morning a light illuminated the kitchen

        God is our confidence and strength, a help in the great needs that have hit us. Therefore we are not afraid. ( Psalm 46:2-3) In his ...